This is my list for 2009:
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - New Terry Gilliam
- Ashes of American Flags: Wilco Live - Why not?
- Precious - Look, I wanted to see this BEFORE Oprah got involved when it was still called Push, okay?
- Trash Humpers - okay, honestly, I don't want to see this one. It's by Harmony Korine who creeps me out.
- Prom Night in Mississippi - A little worried about this one since it is Canadian made. This may be a lot of hand-wringing "lookit these backwards folks!" It's about Charleston, MS.
- Antichrist - New Lars Von Trier. I just assumed it was another Dogme woman-beating piece of crap. Apparently it's an overly stylized woman-beating piece of...something that stars Willem Dafoe whose performance in Wild at Heart I still haven't recovered from. Someone at TIFF said that an audience member actually fainted during the show. I went and watched the trailer, and it scared the shit out of me. If I see nothing else this year, I may see this. Mostly because it's actually playing at a time when I can go.
Also, why does Who Do You Love exist? Didn't we already have a film on Chess Records, ersatz Rolling Stones and all?